The websites on which Hillsong Channel LLC (“Hillsong Channel”) Policy is hosted hillsongchannel.com and hillsongteambox.com is managed by Hillsong International Limited having its registered office at 1-5 Solent Circuit, Baulkham Hills, NSW Australia as trustee for Hillsong International (“Hillsong International”)
EEA (“European Economic Area”) Representative: As Hillsong International is based in Australia and Hillsong Channel is based in the USA, Hillsong Church London is the representative for Hillsong to assist Hillsong Channel with the collection, storage, use and transfer of information and compliance with all applicable data protection laws in the EEA:
Hillsong Church London
Att: Data Protection Officer
425 New Kings Road, Fulham, London SW6 4RN.
PO Box 29971, London, SW6 2WX.
Ph.: +44 (0) 20 7384 9200,
When you continue to browse and use these websites you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions of use, which, govern Hillsong Channel and Hillsong International’s relationship with you.
INTERPRETATION: Whenever “We”, “Our” or “Us” is used in this Policy it is referring to your relationship with and an obligation or right, in both Hillsong International and Hillsong Channel.
DATA PROTECTION LAW
This policy explains how Hillsong International, Hillsong Channel and the website comply with data protection laws and regulations in their respective countries, including the Australian law, Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and from 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (“the PECR”) relating to electronic communications (jointly and severally, “the Law”).
Although Hillsong International is based in Australia in making this website available to Hillsong Channel it has agreed to comply with the Law.
Hillsong International has agreed with Hillsong Channel that:
b. all personally identifiable information relating in any way to persons resident in the European Union (EU) and Norway acquired from or relating to such persons accessing the website for any purpose including, without limitation:
i. making a donation;
ii. registering for any event;
iii. acquiring goods or services through this website; will be governed by and dealt with in accordance with this Policy and the Law;
c. such information will only be provided to parties, other than Hillsong Channel, who assist us, provide goods or services requested by such persons, or with their prior consent.
SCOPE OF THE POLICY
By providing personal details, including by use of this website, you agree to allow us to contact you by mail, email, telephone or SMS text message in connection with our charitable purposes:
a. on the basis of the consents you have given; or
b. for Hillsong Channel’s legitimate interests, in accordance with current data protection regulations.
If at a later date:
1. You do not wish to receive further communications from Hillsong International and/or Hillsong Channel; OR
2. You wish to change the way you receive any communication;
you may notify Hillsong International or Hillsong Channel and your request will be dealt with in accordance with the Policy.
Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential.
If you disagree with any part of this policy please do not provide personal information to Hillsong International, or Hillsong Channel and do not use the website.
Hillsong International and Hillsong Channel will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in GDPR:
a. processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
b. collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
c. adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
d. accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
e. kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
f. processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Personal information is collected each time you are in contact with Hillsong International or Hillsong Channel. For example, when you:
- visit the website; see the Cookies section below (controlled by Hillsong International) for more information;
- subscribe to the Hillsong Channel;
- make a donation to the Hillsong Channel
- apply for a job or volunteer at the Hillsong Channel;
- provide your contact details, in writing or orally, to Hillsong Channel staff or volunteers;
- purchase goods or services from Hillsong International, through the website, or directly from Hillsong Channel, including when you provide credit or debit card details;
- communicate by means such as email, letter, telephone;
- face to face meetings with staff and volunteers;
- access social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram
We do not hold any debit or credit card details for donations/payments made via the website. All card payments are handled by service providers who encrypt card information sent from this website.
PERSONAL INFORMATION* COLLECTED
The types of personal information collected by Hillsong Channel include:
- Personal details such as your title, name and year of birth;
- Contact details such as postal address, post code, email, telephone number and mobile phone number in both Australia and overseas;
- Financial information such as donation payment history and your bank details;
- Whether you are a tax payer in the place where Hillsong Channel is registered;
- Family and spouse details when you jointly volunteer and register for events;
- Records of your contact with us;
- visits to the website to enable Hillsong International to improve its effectiveness and better promote Hillsong Channel services.
Sensitive/Special Category Personal Information:
Hillsong Channel may collect and store sensitive personal information (Special Category Information under GDPR) such as:
- religious information (personal faith decisions, baptism)’
- prayer requests;
Your personal information will be dealt with in accordance with the Law. It is never sold, nor given away, and is only shared with others, in accordance with your consents, to third parties (also contractually or legally required to comply with the Law) to assist us to provide the service requested by you, or as permitted or required by law.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the personal information collected for the purpose disclosed at the time of collection, or as subsequently provided and legitimate related, education interests, in accordance with the Law applicable from time to time.
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
Generally, such consents and related legitimate interests may include:
- keeping you informed by text and/or email as to Hillsong Channel subscription services, offers, resources and other activities;
- keeping you informed by text and/or email as to Hillsong International resources and conferences;
- to process donations and related statutory rights and obligations;
- to establish and maintain your involvement with us, what areas and activities of Hillsong Channel and Hillsong International you have supported, record and acknowledge any donation or payment, to provide the products or services you have requested;
- to answer an inquiry or request for further information or a complaint about Hillsong Channel;
- to register you for events, conferences;
- to carry out analysis and market research and improve our website and communications for example by matching anonymised users data with social media sites such as Facebook to better understand peoples interests;
- to assist Hillsong Channel and Hillsong International with management and administrative purposes such as accounting, credit/debit card payments, ant-fraud measures, maintenance and development.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hillsong International and Hillsong Channel will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons we collected and need to use your information. Under EU and UK data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- Because you have consented to Hillsong International and/or Hillsong Channel using your information for a particular purpose;
- Because it is in our legitimate interest as registered charitable and Christian religious organisation to use your personal information to operate and improve our service as Hillsong Channel’;
- To fulfil any contractual relationship we have with you in relation to provision of products or services, such as subscriptions with the Hillsong Channel;
- Because we need to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation, such as protection and welfare of individuals;
More information on consent to processing is provided below.
If processing of your data is subject to any other laws then the basis of processing your data may be different to that set out above and may in those circumstances be based on your consent in all cases.
CONSENT TO CONTACT:
You may be aware of Hillsong Channel programming and services, and Hillsong International locations, services, venues, events and conferences through attendance, by visiting this website or other means.
Hillsong International and Hillsong Channel will seek your consent prior to contacting you by email or text, to invite you to Hillsong Channel programming or services, or other Hillsong International events such as Colour Conference, Hillsong Conference, Carols and Youth Events and inform you of resource, book and album launches.
You will have the opportunity to decline to accept communications at any time and discontinue receiving such communication by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in each email or text message sent to you or manage your preferences by clicking the link in the email.
The ways you can unsubscribe or change your preferences are:
a. email email@example.com.
b. email Hillsong Channel which contacted you, by emailing Hillsong Channel at the address listed at the end of this Policy.
c. click ‘unsubscribe” on any email or text communication received.
DATA STORAGE AND WHO SEES YOUR INFORMATION
Information you provide electronically, including through this website will be held on servers and computers in Australia, the EEA and the USA.
Information you provide in paper form, such as consents, letters or recorded in meetings with staff or volunteers, may be transferred to secure computers or stored in secure filing systems.
Subject to compliance with our data management policies and procedures and in compliance with the above Data Protection Principles information may be accessed, used and stored:
a. On computers and servers based in the EEA, USA and Australia; and
b. By a limited number of staff or key volunteers under a duty of confidentiality who are involved in development, maintenance and operation of the websites hillsong.com, and www.hillsongchannel.com, or the services provided through them, or who act for us for the uses set out in this policy, or other purposes approved by you. Those parties may also process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services to us.
Third party service providers may process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process donations, credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. Where such details are shared agreements in place restrict the use of your information to the purpose for which it is provided and ensure it is stored securely and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These include Raincloud, Cratejoy, Vimeo and Brushfire.
One of Hillsong Channel’s and Hillsong International’s main providers is The Rocket Science Group in the USA d/b/a MailChimp, which provides us with email communication services, which company is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework approved by the European Commission.
We do not sell or pass any of your personal information to any other organisations and/or individuals without your express consent, unless required by law.
Financial Records and Card Details:
All credit/debit card donation made online or by phone, are made securely through third party service providers and payment gateways which comply with the Payment Card Industry Security Standard.
We do not store financial details (credit or debit card numbers) obtained through online transactions nor do we pass any information to third parties, except where we are legally required to do so, to assist fraud reduction, or to provide a service requested and minimise credit risks.
Access To Your Information: Correction & Deletion
Please tell Hillsong International or Hillsong Channel as soon as any of your contact details change so that records can be kept up to date.
You can change the way you are contacted, or the kind of material sent to you, at any time by contacting us by mail or email using the contact details below.
You can request access to the personal information that is held about you by contacting a Data Protection Officer. Contact details are set out below.
We will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted please contact the Data Protection Officer at Hillsong International.
A request to access, amend or delete your personal information may be refused in certain circumstances. If refused, you will be provided with a reason for the decision and, in the case of amendment, it will be noted with your personal information that its accuracy is disputed.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The Law gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information we hold about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed.
- To request us to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see Consent To Contact section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies Hillsong International uses, so that you can decide whether to give permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
HOW LONG IS YOUR DATA RETAINED?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with the Law and other legal requirements. Statutory authorities may require that we keep a record of your name, address and related financial transactions for a number of years. Where such information is no longer required, it will be disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us, in the future, only the minimum information necessary to ensure no future contact and the fulfilment of our legal obligations will be retained.
Reasonable steps will be taken to keep secure any personal information, which is held.
Personal information, held electronically, is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, no responsibility is accepted for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Security measures are taken to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Cookies are small amounts of information that Hillsong International stores on your computer when you visit the website. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details, the system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site.
The following data is supplied by your browser:
- Your IP address and/or domain name;
- Your operating system (type of browser and platform);
- The date, time and length of your visit to the website; and
- The resources you accessed and the documents you downloaded.
This information is used to enable authentication and compile statistical information about the use of our website. It is not used for any other purpose.
Statistical cookies are provided by Google Analytics and are first party cookies. The data obtained is not shared with any third party. The information obtained cannot be used to identify you and is anonymous.
Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also help to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you but will not store save or collect personal information.
You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site.
How to manage your cookie settings
Many web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, will allow some control over cookies through their settings. To manage your cookie settings, please refer to your browser software. For more information about cookies and how to delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
LINKS and SOCIAL MEDIA
This website may also include links to other websites or may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing web content directly to a social media, platform such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and You-Tube.
We do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content unless posted by or approved by us nor are we responsible for the cookies such websites may contain
Use of such buttons or links is at your own risk and you must verify authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites.
We do not ask for passwords nor personal details on social media.
Websites such as Vimeo and YouTube are used to embed videos on the website and service providers such as Brushfire, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, and Google Analytics may send cookies from them, via these sites. Please look at the cookie and privacy policies on these third-party sites if you want more information about this.
This website may also contain sponsored links and adverts. These may typically be through related Hillsong International and Hillsong Channel’s, partner ministries or service providers, who may have their own detailed privacy policies.
Hillsong Channel uses social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. Users must verify authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites.
Our website may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing our web content directly to a social media, platform. Use of such buttons is at your own risk.
Unless it is material supplied or officially posted by Hillsong Channel we do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content nor for the cookies they may contain.
Hillsong Channel does not ask for passwords nor personal details on social media.
Any documents or files made available to download from our website are provided at users own risk.
Please contact either Hillsong International or Hillsong Channel if you wish to raise a concern about handling of your personal information through this website or directly to Hillsong Channel if it involves information provided by other means.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority Office (see contact details below) about how your data is managed.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- Relating in any way to use of Personal Information provided or obtained through this Website.
Hillsong International Ltd as trustee for Hillsong International
Att: Privacy Officer
1-5 Solent Circuit, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153,
Ph.: +61 2 8853 5353
- Relating in any way to Personal Information you have directly provided to any staff and/or volunteer at Hillsong Channel, you should directly contact:
C/- 1-5 Solent Circuit, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153,
Ph.: +61 2 8853 5353
- The Governing Authority for Data Protection/Privacy Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Enquiries Line 1300 363 992.
Information Commissioners Office (UK)
Helpline: 0303 123 1113